AYO! Welcome to week 2.
I already have a monthly playlist on the go to promote what I’m jamming to on a monthly basis. But wasn’t NOT ENOUGH. Music is such a huge part of my life that I felt I needed to share more.
For those of you that aren’t aware of the #TBT situation – we’re talking throwback Thursday. We’re taking it way back. At least 10 years old. ( At the time of this post, we’re talking no newer than 2006!)
For each year I feature as a throwback, I will feature the same amount of tracks as my age that year. That being said, some years I will need to double my age (ie. 1995 I was six, and I don’t think it’s fair to only feature six tracks!)
Away we go!
Last week I featured 1997, and this week I figured we may as well move up a bit to 1999. A classic year with plenty of hits!
This week – 1999 hits. I was ten years old at the time.
A snapshot of Sam at 10 years old:
- I was in grade 5.
- Competed in the “jump rope for heart”.
- Cheered my sister on (who was competing in pageants at the time, and I did not.)
- My Gameboy colour was everything.
- Doo Wop (That Thing) – Lauryn Hill
- Livin La Vida Loca – Ricky Martin
- Kiss Me – Sixpence None The Richer
- Bills, Bills, Bills – Destiny’s Child
- I Want It That Way – Backstreet Boys
- Miami – Will Smith
- If You Had My Love – Jennifer Lopez
- Steal My Sunshine – LEN
- When You Believe – Whitney Houston & Mariah Carey
- Angel of Mine – Monica
- Give It To You – Jordan Knight
- Hard Knock Life – Jay-Z
- Believe – Cher
- Boom Boom Boom Boom – Venga Boys
- Slide – Goo Goo Dolls
- Genie in a bottle – Christina Aguilera
- Every Morning – Sugar Ray
- Have you Ever – Brandy
- What’s it gonna be – Busta Rhymes
- Heartbreaker – Mariah Carey