For those of you that know me personally – this post may come as a shock. TEN toppings!?
Since only last year, I started experimenting with burger toppings. Why not sooner, you ask? I was the queen of plain.
Even after going vegan, my veggie burgers always had cheese (or faux cheese), or was plain. As I continued on my plain train, I came to realize how many good tastes and combos I was missing out on. With a little experimentation and a lot of delicious tastes, I present to you – my top 10 combos (in no particular order!)
BTW – you could also use these for sandwiches! 🙂
- Tomato, Sriracha + Baby Spinach Leaves.
- Avocado, tomato, cheese (vegan or not). (greens also pair well with this, especially fried kale!)
- Greens (of any kind – ex. micro greens, sprouts, spinach, fried kale,etc.),pepper, and nutritional yeast (or cheese).
- Sriracha, avocado and Fried Kale.
- Basil, mint and tomato.
- Hummus, tomato, spinach leaves.
- Fried Kale, Basil and avocado.
- Sriracha, fried kale, tomato, and nutritional yeast!)
- Pesto, cheese/nutritional yeast, tomato.
- Avocado, lemon zest (grate frozen lemon overtop), black pepper, baby spinach leaves.
Note: Cheese (both vegetarian and vegan options) pair well with just about every combination. If cheese isn’t listed, it will still “go”. I also put black pepper on just about everything, so even if it’s not listed and you’re like me, go hard and crack on! 🙂
Hope this post has inspired you to try something new next time you have a veggie burger, or heck, even a new sandwich combo! 🙂