Anyways – let’s get down to the REAL reason you are on my site – a NEW recipe! 🙂
Making a stir fry can be one of the easiest and quickest meals to prepare, especially since it typically requires only one frying pan.
This one requires a wok/frying pan and a pot for the gluten free spaghetti.
The beauty of this recipe is the sauce is super easy to make. If you’ve got hummus on hand, plus a few essentials on hand (lemon, salt & pepper, and a plant based milk (or ever water!)), you’ve got a bangin’ sauce! A lot of the time I make my own sauces anyways, but for those of you that most rock with store bought sauces, let this be a gateway to see how making your own sauces really can be a thing!
Gluten Free Hummus Lentil Veggie Spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed/minced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 medium bunch Dino kale, ripped
- 1 stalk broccoli, chopped
- 1.5 cups spinach
- 1.5 cups lentils (pre-rinsed/soaked)
For the sauce
- 1 tsp frozen grated lemon
- 3 tbsp hummus (I used my favourite “Sprouted Green Lentil” from Earths General Store – it’s locally made & delish!)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or water if you do not have any plant based milk substitutes on hand)
- Salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
- 2/3 package gluten free pasta
- Chop that garlic up to get the allicin building!
- Prep the veggies – ie. chop, wash, etc.
- Prepare the spaghetti as per the instructions on their packaging.
- In a wok/frying pan, heat the garlic on low heat until fragrant.
- Add the kale and turn the heat up to medium for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently.
- Turn the heat back down to low, and add the broccoli.
- Put a lid on the wok for a few minutes, and assemble your sauce ingredients into a small bowl, setting aside a bit of the grated lemon for topping (if you wish). Mix with a fork or whisk until as smooth as possible.
- Now add the lentils, cook for a couple minutes more.
- Add the spinach. Mix everything together and cover for a couple minutes more.
- Drain the spaghetti, rinse a bit with cold water in case any noodles are stuck together, and set aside.
- Once everything is evenly cooked, add the carrot on top, remove from heat, and add the sauce.
- Combine sauce and veggies until evenly coated.
- Serve! Top with remaining grated lemon if you set any aside.