But it’s this is not just a series, it’s a challenge!
It’s not your typical yoga pose or squat challenge either, though it might require some interesting poses/techniques to get things done. 😉
Now Let’s De-clutter Our… Medicine Cabinet!
Now, start sorting. Sort your items into four piles to aid in organizing.
- Throw Away
Reasons to throw something away:
- It’s expired
- You haven’t used it in over six months
- You don’t like the product (if it’s sitting in your cabinet half empty AND you haven’t used it in a long time, that is a fairly good indication)
- The product is “dirty” (perma-dusty, etc.).
If one or more of these apply to anything in the cabinet, it is definitely a good reason to throw it away!
Reasons to Donate/Giveaway: It’s still within the expected shelf life, you know someone who would want to use it (don’t assume, confirm!)
Reasons to Keep: This one is 100% up to you! 🙂
Recycle the empty boxes and packaging. (If you’re like me, sometimes I leave the stuff in the boxes and forget about it.)
Now that everything is all clean and organized, place your items back into categories – I personally like to keep certain things in certain places – so I’ll leave that being up to you.
- Finding lost items (my favourite)
- Cleaner air
- More space
- More products (I know I have at least 8 empty lush pots.. which means a free face mask for me when I return them!)
- Easier/more efficient daily routine
I have a very small medicine cabinet – so I also use a shelf in my linen closet. I already know this is going to be a pretty big job, because I’m pretty sure I have old containers that the best before date is from five years ago that got pushed to the back, and lost in the shuffle.
To be a good example and to “practice what I preach”, I will be taking part in each week’s challenge and will be sharing my results via my various social media platforms (instagram & Facebook).
Hope you all have a fab weekend, and we’ll see you on Monday! 🙂