Sometimes after a long day at work, you don’t want to put much effort into dinner. This salad is perfect for one of those nights! I had it with a veggie burger – what an easy and delicious match made in heaven! 😀
Note: If you follow this recipe exactly, you will have more dressing than salad. Store it in the fridge for the motivation to make another salad! 😀 (Or at least thats how I look at it….)
Carrot Ginger Dressing With Apple & Quinoa Salad
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp tahini
- Dash of cayenne, salt, pepper & turmeric
- Grate Carrots and Ginger Finely
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and using a fork or whisk, mix until somewhat smooth (with the carrots in there it’ll never been 100% smooth) OR combine all ingredients into a mason jar and shake until combined.
- Set aside and get on the salad!
- Greens (About 2.5 cups, ripped)
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/3 cucumber chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- Micro greens or Sprouts as garnish (if on-hand) (I used basil micro greens)
- Chop up cucumber and apple
- In a large bowl, combine greens, apple, cucumber, cooked quinoa.
- Mix it around until everything is even.
All together now…
- Give the dressing one last big whisk/stir.
- Combine the dressing and salad ingredients in the big bowl. Note – gradually add the dressing, because it actually makes enough for about 3.5-4 servings, where as this recipe serves 2.
- Top with micro greens/sprouts.
I found the dressing recipe on itdoesnttastelikechicken.com – and remixed it a bit with what I had on-hand. 🙂 Click the link by the way – there are 15 other salad dressing recipes on this post and this blog is a real gem!
Originally posted January 4/16.