Today marks the first “Tue-Review”. As time goes by, more and more products are coming into the market. Our hard earned dollars are valuable, so if I come across something worth raving (or ranting about!), I will share it here.
If you want more – stay tuned! This is the first of many posts in a (for now) weekly post/category where I will review various vegan products I have tried. I won’t be writing novels about the products I review – but I will be honest.
Today’s post is a review of the Vega One Nutritional Shake, made by Vega.
I am a fan of their other products, and decided about a year ago to give this stuff a try. I often have a hard time eating enough in a day, especially in the morning.
I haven’t tried all of the flavours, to be honest – but the ones I have tried (Vanilla Chai, French Vanilla, Chocolate & Coconut Almond) are all fantastic!
- Taste (doesn’t taste chalky)
- Versatility (makes a great base for a smoothie)
- Consistency (if recently shook/blended, its a perfect thickness and texture)
- Colour (very pretty green!)
- Nutritional Content ( ex. 50% daily intake of food-based vitamins and minerals)
- Easy to consume (great for on the go)
- Available in different sizes (single serving, small, large)
- Seperates fairly quickly after mixing (more so if using water, Plant based milk stays mixed longer)
- Blending/Shaking Process is fairly strenuous
- Price (though its reasonably priced overall [3.50$ per serving], if you’re looking to buy the large container, which has about 20 servings, for some people, 70$ is sometimes hard to part with all at once.)
- If you don’t rinse your cup ASAP, it is very difficult to rinse off, and often will require a scrub brush to remove
Final Verdict: A worthwhile purchase! 4.5/5 stars
I would recommend purchasing a few different flavors in the single serving sizes so that you can find your favorite flavour and hopefully not feel as bad parting with 70$ at once.
Can be purchased online, or at your local health food or even grocery store.
Just a heads up, I have not received any compensation for my comments.
To filter my blog to see more “Tue-Reviews” > click on the “product reviews” category along the right hand side.
Originally posted November 24/15.