I know I keep mentioning how dry fall is… but I can’t help but write about my own experiences. I am trying to move away from using lotion (using oil instead!) – and am finding that if I don’t get enough water in a day, I wake up feeling a bit dry.
This smoothie recipe is certainly not a substitute for adequate water consumption – but it sure helps! 😉
92% percent of watermelon’s weight is water, same with strawberries. Cucumber comes in a at whopping 96% water by weight. If you’re feeling extra dry (both internally and externally!) aloe vera juice is another great ingredient to this ultra hydrating smoothie!
- 1 mini watermelon
- 2 small handfuls fresh/dried mint
- 1/6 of a cucumber (or a 1/4 if you have it!)
- 7 strawberries
- 4 ice cubes
- 1/4 cup aloe vera juice (optional!)
- Prep ingredients (wash, chop, etc.)
- Combine all ingredients into a blender
- Blend until smooth + serve
Makes approx 1 L (4 cups) – great for sharing or not (I didn’t share haha). 😉
Note: The aloe vera juice is optional because it adds a taste that can throw some people off. :-S Health over taste friends!