Luckily, with some experimentation, I have found plenty of salads I enjoy – and a number of dressings I actually like.
The recipe for the turmeric dressing is quick, creamy and deeeee-lish! It also pairs really well with the salad recipe.
I hope you enjoy! 🙂
Note: If you just wanna rock the dressing or the salad – both are pretty easy to get along with. 🙂
- 1 tsp of ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (I used pink himalayan)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (I used Himalayan sea salt that also has garlic in it, so I didn’t add extra powdered garlic.)
- 1 tsp of dried dill weed
- 2 tsp of agave (I sub’d agave, though the original recipe called for honey – your choice)
- 5 tbsp of vinegar (I used white vinegar)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed/minced, 3 for this dressing, 2 for the kale later
- 1/2 an avocado
- Chop all 5 cloves of garlic and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients, except for the fresh garlic, into a blender. I personally used the personal sized cup for my ninja blender rather than the full cannister.
- Move on to the salad prep as blending takes 1 minute max.
Part 2 – A salad of salads
- 1/2 an avocado
- Greens (your choice – I usually would use baby spinach and some other type – but this time, because my local organic grocer didn’t have any spinach, I used 2/3 of the Organic Girl Pepper Greens – and it really pairs well with the dressing and other ingredients!)
- 4-5 leaves Kale, ripped with no stem, any type (I used black dino kale),
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp oil of your choice – I used olive
- 3 cherry tomatoes (I used fresh cherry tomatoes from my now-indoor garden!) (I am gradually starting to eat more raw tomato – but if you really like raw tomato, add as much as you’d like)
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1-2 tbsp grated frozen lemon
- Heat olive oil on low heat for a minute to heat up the pan
- Press 2 of the garlic cloves into the pan, and stir often, until fragrant (usually 2-3 minutes)
- Wash kale and rip, if not already.
- Throw into the pan, and ensure heat is still on low. Flip somewhat often.
- Grate Carrot
- Flip that kale!
- Chop Tomato
- What’s that kale doin’?
- Chop Avocado
- How’s that kale comin’?
- Start the salad bowl – I did layers, and then mixed it up in the following order:
Pepper greens, 1/2 of the shredded carrot, 1 cherry tomato….
- Take the kale off heat.
- Add remaing garlic cloves to the dressing in your blender – and blend!!!
- Grate frozen lemon, preferably into the other 1/2 of the shredded carrot (so it has something to bond with)
- Add kale to salad bowl, and then continue to layer until the bowl is full. I personally topped with extra carrot/lemon.
- Mix, serve and enjoy!
This makes enough salad for two large servings, or four small servings, any dressing left over should be stored in a resealable container in the fridge. If you have left overs – take that as an inititative to make another one of these salads.
Tell me what you think of the recipe – and if you have a recipe you think would pair well either the dressing or the salad! I’m always open to trying new things (as long as it doesn’t contain large chunks of mushrooms – then maybe come back in 10 years…)
Original dressing recipe found on healthy-holistic-living.com
Originally posted October 20/15.