That being said, for this recipe, I used some 2 slices of rye bread, toasted to my liking, and lightly “butter’d” with butter sub – I use earth balance. If you think that’s too much, then feel free to skip this step. 🙂
- 1/2 an avocado
- approx 1/2 tsp grated lemon, or to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Cayenne pepper to taste
Optional, choose your own adventure, all to taste:
- Baby Tomatoes
- Nutritional Yeast
- After “buttering” your toast (optional!), cover with avocado.
- Crack pepper + add cayenne.
- Grate frozen lemon directly on top of toast.
- Mix with a knife, spreading evently.
- From here is up to you, add none or all of the optional ingredients.
- Repeat for other slice of toast.
This would also make a great sandwich! 🙂
Originally posted November 1/15.