Hungry for something hearty, sweet and satisfying?
Grab your mason jar and get ready for this nourishing treat!
Fruit + Yogurt Parfait
- Granola (I used hemp) or oats (I have never tried this but I suspect it would be quite delicious!)
- Strawberries (or any type of berry you want! blackberries, raspberries and blueberries are great substitutes) – I used 6
- Plums (again – can be substituted with something similar – peaches, pears, nectarines, etc.) – I used 2
- Approx 6 tablespoons coconut yogurt (I used vanilla yoso)
- Chia Seeds (the amount is up to you)
- Dash of cinnamon
- Wash + dry all produce
- Chop up 1 plum and throw into jar (or whatever you may be using to contain this yummy treat!)
- Top with granola – enough to cover the plums completely
- Next is the coconut yogurt – 2-3 tablespoons or until granola is covered
- Top yogurt with Chia seeds – I personally put enough to cover most of the yogurt
- Chop up 3 strawberries and toss on top.
- Shake some cinnamon on top to taste.
- Repeat all steps again or until jar is full.
- When consuming – I personally like to give it a good mix with a spoon, but this isn’t mandatory – do you!
If not consuming right away, cover and try to keep cold (fridge, ice pack, etc.) I have never not consumed this within about 6 hours of making – so I am unsure of the shelf life. I imagine the longer it sits, the mushier the granola gets…
Originally posted September 24/15.