It’s no secret, nor am I embarrassed to admit that I get bloated somewhat frequently. Although going vegan and changing a lot of habits in my life has helped, the effects of my habits earlier on in life will stay with me forever.
That all being said, I am confident I am not alone in this fight against bloating, and that almost everyone, at some time or another, can relate.
That is why today, I bring you this delicious smoothie recipe, remixed mind you, but found on healthyhappymama.com
The Anti-Bloat Smoothie
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 2 medium bananas
- 3/4 large cucumber
- 1 cup coconut water
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (optional but highly recommended)
- Chop all ingredients to make things easier for your blender (obviously not including the ice cubes)
- Put all ingredients, with the exception of the apple cider vinegar, into a blender.
- Blend until it is a nice smoothie consistency
- Now is the time to add that ACV!
- Mix a little (I used a spoon) and enjoy!
Note: I recommend starting to drink this smoothie ASAP and giving it a little mix if it’s been sitting a while in between drinks.
Originally posted October 6/15.