Everyone likes watermelon, right?
This is a quick and easy way to make use of a watermelon, if you don’t feel like chewing.
The amount you use is up to you. Just reflect the change in how much mint leaf you add in.
You’ll definitely need a blender for this.
- 1 medium-large seedless watermelon
- 3-5 mint leaves + the sprigs
- Scoop out the watermelon to the rind, and toss it right into the blender. (I personally like to use a ladle…)
- Toss in mint leaves
- Turn the blender on and mix for approx 15-60 seconds, depending on the desired consistency. My black + decker is pretty decent, so I blend for about 25 seconds.
- Pour and drink. If you’re saving for someone or for later, give it a gentle shake – Or even another blend before drinking. Stays tasty for at least of couple of days – not sure how long it lasts because the likelihood of keeping this around without anyone drinking it is slim to none! 😉
If you want more of a slushy consistency – you’ll want to add approx 1/2 cup ice and add more if required. My blender is decent but doesn’t like when I put ice in it. You could even make is extra yummy for adults and add some liquor. I’ll let you decide how much to add – to each their own. 😎
This is my recipe. Since I would do the same, I ask you just link back to my page. That is all. 😀
Originally Posted November 5/14.