You heard me!?
I don’t eat meat obviously…and alot of it really is unappealing…but there is something about those damn kfc commercials! How dare they! I wouldn’t ever eat there – but I sure would season something to get something up my alley near their….one-of a kind-ness. So I did. end of story.
I used this amazing fake chicken I found at my local organic grocer – it’s called “King’s Double Happiness” – imported to Canada from Malaysia. It’s basically made of soy and mushroom stems (which is a surprise for me ’cause I sure don’t like mushrooms!!!). SOOOO GOOOD. Topped with kfc-style seasoning?! YES YES YES x10.
This yields 1/3 of a cup – and can be altered on the site I found it on. NICE! Deluxe, even…
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion salt (see note below beside garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon celery salt (I didn’t add this and it was still great)
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I personally used this himilayan pink salt as the garlic + onion because it contains garlic flecks and I don’t own onion garlic – no thanks.)
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or as I call it – PEPP)
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves,crushed
- 1 teaspoon majoram leaves, crushed finely
- In a small bowl, mix up spices + herbs.
- Cook “chicken” aka double happiness (I usually use a bit of sesame oil and garlic) until about 75% cooked.
- Sprinkle mixture over “chicken” until fully coated or to taste.
- Eat it!
I found this on food.com .