Prior to becoming vegan, one of my favorite foods was fettuccine Alfredo (and that was in the later years! Picky eater problem…anyways). These days, a good and easy Alfredo sauce recipe is hard to come by. Lucky for us, I found this amazing and quick vegan Alfredo recipe! I of course remixed it a little – added some chopped up cherry tomatoes, broccoli + spinach. I made about .5 more to accommodate said veggies. 😉 The following serves 2.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cauliflower (100 grams)
- ¾ cup almond milk or non dairy milk (175 milliliters)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 4,2 ounces gluten-free uncooked spaghetti (120 grams)
- Cook the minced garlic with olive oil until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the almond milk and bring it to boil. Add the salt, pepper, chopped cauliflower and cook until it’s soft, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and add the nutritional yeast and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Cook the pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta and pour it into the pan with the sauce, or if you prefer, mix it in the dish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Found on minimaleats.com – check them out here!
Originally Posted November 2/14.