This sauce is next level. I have a rocky relationship with pasta – so when I make this again (and I definitely will be doing so!) I will definitely be using some gluten free noodles. I found this banging recipe on amuse your bouche.
All you need is a food processor (I have a hand powered on so its a bit of wrist and hand work out) and about 20 min.
I personally like to make more (about 1.5-2x the recommended amounts) so that I can add a meat sub (I like fake chicken) and some other veg (broccoli, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, zucchini, etc.)…you get the idea. 🙂 I personally like to add extra garlic too – because I’m about that garlic life…
- 1 clove garlic (or 2-3 cloves roasted garlic – see below)
- 50g fresh rocket (arugula)
- 1 avocado
- 2tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1tbsp olive oil (optional)
- Black pepper
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, blitz the garlic and rocket in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the avocado and lemon juice, and blitz again. If the mixture looks too dry, you might like to add a small amount of olive oil to moisten it. Season to taste.
- Bonus step: If adding other stuff – prepare add-ins. Ex. If doing broccoli – like I did above – pan fry 1 tbsp oil + approx 1-2 cups broccoli – or steam the broccoli. This step is your remix!!!
- When the pasta is ready, drain it and add the sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, over a low heat for 5 minutes, until the sauce is heated through.
Recipe courtesy of Becca @ amuse your bouche – get the recipe here
Originally Posted October 30/14