Starting to feel a little ….off? It’s that time of the year again – where basically most people become infected sickies- at least at one point in time or another. You can’t lock yourself in the house to avoid it – but you can certainly make some of this soup to help stathe off the sickies. Most importantly though- even more important than this yummy soup is to stay hydrated! you know what. Speaking of hydration…go get a big glass of water and have at ‘er. Do it!
Stay strong friends – this is a long season (cold + flu) and we’re just getting started.
Squash Ginger Soup
- Large pot
- Blender for purée-ing – of if you have one of those fancy immersion blenders – get it out for later…
- 1-2 tbsp organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 acorn or butternut squash, skinned and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped (I recall only using 1-1.5 because I personally am not a huge onion gal…)
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced (I made up for the less onion with 2 more garlic cloves – I do love a good garlic.)
- Large piece of ginger root (3 inches long)
- Water to cover
- Sea salt to taste
- Saute carrots, onions, celery, and garlic in coconut oil
- Add squash and ginger
- Cover with water
- Simmer for 30 minutes
- Puree and adjust water to desired consistency
- Add sea salt and simmer for 10 more minutes
It’s a really great tasting, filling and yet easy to digest soup. Your insides will be like “wow thanks – you’re a real pal!”
I got this healing recipe from Derek Henry + healingthebody.ca – Thanks a ton!
Originally Posted November 4/14.