Yup. It happened.
Bought a couple pumpkins and had a whole bunch of seeds leftover. I could’ve just thrown them away – but instead I decided to use all of the pumpkin (in a delicious way!)
What you’ll need to succeed
- Small mixing bowl for seasoning
- Other bowl to hold seeds
- Roasting pan (I used a baking sheet and a small roasting container)
- Pumpkin Seeds (Whatever you got will do).
- Seasoning (follow your heart!)
- A dash of oil (the kind is also upto you – sesame, olive, etc.)
- Heat up the oven to 300 F.
- Put your seeds into the collander and pick out all of the goop from the inside of the pumpkin
- Rinse and rinse until the seeds are goop-free
- Throw them onto the baking sheet and roast for about 3 min – take out, shake around, and put back in for a few more – until the seeds have dried. Or – if you feel like that isn’t quick enough to your liking – you can always pan fry them too.
- In the mean time, prepare your spices. I did two kinds – pumpkin pie spice + cayenne cajun.
- Then – transfer your spices into the bowl with a touch of oil
- Toss in your dried pumpkin seeds and mix it up – until all the seeds have some coating on them.
- Place back onto your cookie sheet/tray and put in the oven
- Leave in for approx 40 min – shaking the tray occassionaly – or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat – let sit approx 5 min.
Eat eat eat! Place seeds into a sealed container/baggie.
Originally posted November 26/14.