I like quick and easy. I also like when the prep is done beforehand so that when I am cooking it’s already ready to go and get cooking. This one’s all me! Just an FYI – These take 20 minutes in the oven. Not bad right? :-}
What you’ll need to succeed
- A large bowl/container with tight fitting lid (this baby is going in the fridge)
- Cookie Tray
Below are the various components of the “seasoning” for the cauliflower. Keep in mind we are not greasing the baking tray – so don’t be afraid to be a little generous on the oil.
- Cauliflower (at least 2 cups +++) – chopped in the way you like. This is a freestyle (created by me!) so scale the amount to what you need.
- Olive oil (I personally added enough to coat my cauliflower – start with a couple tablespoons and work your way up. I probably used about 1/4 of a cup because I had a lot of cauliflower…)
- Fresh Rosemary – (1/2 a small/med “sticks”/branches worth) * I’d recommend roughing up the leaves up a little (I chopped them to get some extra flavour)
- Garlic (LOTS) – we’re talking at least 2 small cloves ++++ (looking at the pic – it looks like I added probably 3-4) I love garlic but if you don’t – then add as much as you want to.
- Cayenne pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Pinch of Paprika
- Cracked Black Pepper (Again upto you – we love pepper in this place!)
- Pinch of Salt
- Mix the seasoning ingredients with a whisk or fork for a minute or two – it’ll never completely mix but some good elbow grease should do the trick.
- Toss in Cauliflower
- Mix around the cauliflower with said whisk/fork for another minute until most of the cauliflower is coated OR you can get like me – I personally enjoy forgoing the tool and just shaking the bowl around until fully coated (then I like to put the lid on and shake it a little more). Either way…
Here comes the need for patience! Now put the lid on your bowl or – move to airtight container (even a plastic baggie works) – put in the fridge and move on with your day.
I left mine marinating for about 24 hrs. This is not mandatory and you could just as easily enjoy this right away and forgo the marinating. I personally wanted a really “sticky taste” (i.e. sucked into the cauliflower) so I left it to marinate for a while.
Even an hour is better than nothing! 🙂
Instructions Pt.2 (I need a baking sheet)
- Turn up the oven to 375 – and then turn up the music! (I personally enjoy cooking with music)
- Grab your baking sheet + get your cauliflower out
- Distribute cauliflower to baking sheet (try to do this evenly – you might need a helping fork or hand to even it out.)
- Drizzle remaining oil + seasoning over the cauliflower – try your best to only hit cauliflower.
- Put in the oven + cook for about 30-35 min or so – checking 1/2 way through. I personally gave mine a little shake and turned the tray around – I have a small oven and feel better about doing it .
- Let cool for 1-3 minutes and serve …or mix – if you’re going to add it to a stir fry like I did! 😉
Stay tuned superpals – tomorrow’s post will be incorporating this cauliflower…
Originally Posted November 10/14.