Sweet tooth saturday…. that’s not even a thing… anyways.
it’s saturdayyyyy… OHHHH OHHHHHHH! (Ludacris just made a quick cameo)
This recipe is pretty easy however to be honest some ingredients are expensive (raw cacao!) but it’s worth it. The taste is very rich – take one bite and you’ll feel like you’ve been transported to a palace with gold errthing.
It’s definitely a once in a while type of thing!
I was afraid to buy too much raw cacao and ended up only buying 1 cup – so I sub’d the other cup with just regular cacoa.
Don’t forget to pit the dates! To be honest, I didn’t even know the ones I purchased had pits – I found out when the fudge hardened and I had small lumps. It’s really not a huge deal though. Learn from my mistakes! 😎
Raw Chocolate + Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup unsalted crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups raw cacao
- 1 cup dates (pitted)
- 1 to 2 pinches of unrefined sea salt
- PIT! and then soak your dates in hot water for about 20 minutes. Make them soft and sticky. (I kept mine in for a lot longer because I forgot about them…)
- If you coconut oil is solid, put it in a jar and place the jar in hot water to melt your oil.
- Place all your ingredients, except the peanut butter, in your high speed blender and blend until soft and well combined. I recall having to mix it more at the end because my blender wasn’t very impressed. Probably because I hadn’t pitted the dates – the positive thing is that I learned something new about dates.
- Add the peanut butter at the end to keep the crunch.
- Spread evenly in a tin or container.
- The original recipe says to refridgerate for an hour – I’d recommend either fridging it for at least an hour, having a taste, then freezing it. It gets somewhat ….runny…. very quickly – and can be a bit….messy…
Get the original recipe over at onegreenplanet.org – yay!
Originally Posted November 15/14.