Awe yeah!! Grilled Cheeze in the house! “Adulted” up a bit with the basil + garlic. Great paired with soup, some veggies on the side or even on it’s own…
- 2 pieces of bread
- Daiya cheeze (shreds, block or slices work) or Chao Cheeze!
- Garlic to taste
- Fresh basil to taste
- Earth balance or vegan butter/margarine of choice
- Spread earth balance on both sides of 1 piece of bread, and 1 side on the other piece
- Place pressed/mashed/chopped garlic on piece of bread (the one covered with earth balance on both sides.)
- Add 3/4 of desired cheeze to said piece of bread
- Add basil to taste
- Add remaining cheeze
- Place that piece of bread on the skillet, then add other piece on top, earth balance side up
- Grill until golden brown
- Flip + grill until desired colour
Originally Posted December 27/14.